Daily Essentials Checklist
After having a wonderfully long conversation with Cherie this evening I realized that there are a few key components to our day that people tend to forget (myself included) and I got to thinking and have complied this list of essentials for daily life – aka things I believe are important to do/remember/think about during the day.
1. Pray. I don’t think I could say this enough. Prayer is the most powerful weapon we have in our lives and we need to remember to do it daily, especially on days when we don’t have time for it. Think that’s contradictory? It’s not. When we are overwhelmed and stressed and don’t have time for anything we really need God the most. God is the one who is in control and by reaching out to Him we will attain the peace we need in our day. Which brings me to number 2…
2. God has a plan for each and every one of us. This seems so matter of fact but you know the saying “If you want to make God laugh, make plans”? It’s absolutely true. Plans change; people change; things happen; we are never in control – God is.
3. We can do all things through Christ. God has a plan for us. Sometimes we may think we cannot handle His plan, but He would never give us anything we cannot handle. He knows us better than we know ourselves which means He knows what we can handle. But what He also knows is that we can’t handle it without Him. We need to “let go and let God” a lot more. Give Him our struggles, our insecurities, our crosses to bear. He is so much better equipped to handle it which is why we need to remember to pray (see #1).
4. Take a breather. We need to allow time for ourselves every once in awhile. Find something that you can do to relieve the stresses of a busy day like painting,
or reading, or playing a game, or watching tv or singing, or dancing, or exercising…anything you love and that makes you happy that can bring you away from what you’re experiencing, but also helps you work through it. This could also be prayer or spiritually related. It can be anything you want it to be! Get creative, think outside the box! (leave suggestions in the comments)
5. Talk to a loved one. Again, this can be God, prayer counts as talking to a loved one…NEVER forget that God loves YOU. He gave up His only son for me and for you and nothing could ever replace that. For some of us though, talking to a family member or friend can be extremely relaxing and helpful and a good way to relieve the stress of the day as well.
This is a short beginning to the list and I invite everyone to add other suggestions in the comments. It is so important that we keep each other in our prayers as well and remember that God is there for us and we are there for each other. Feel free to call or email me if you ever need to talk!!
God Bless, Juli